New Delhi: For the ease of people who are willing to cancel the train ticket booked via Indian Railways ticket booking counters, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has instituted the facility of counter ticket cancellation on IRCTC e-ticketing website, www.irctc.co.in. With the IRCTC counter train ticket cancellation facility, users can cancel the Indian Railways train tickets booked via designated Railway ticket counters, reservations offices, and other booking centres.
For cancelling the Indian Railways train tickets booked through railway counters, the mobile number of the user should be the same as given at the time of booking the tickets at the counters.
IRCTC cancellation rules for Indian Railways train tickets booked from counters
- Cancellation of train tickets and refund will be permitted for PRS counter tickets in normal circumstances only and not in case of late running of trains/cancellation of the train etc.
- Users will be allowed to cancel the train tickets only up to 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train if the ticket is fully confirmed.
- The online cancellation from IRCTC e-ticketing website is permitted only up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train if the ticket is RAC/waitlist.
- According to IRCTC, all the privilege/duty pass/PTOs/complimentary pass train tickets may be allowed to be cancelled through the IRCTC website. In the case of pass zero refund is permissible, however, for the validity of the pass for fresh booking the passenger shall approach the counter to get the pass re-validated by marking the same cancelled against the earlier booked tickets as per prescribed rule, said IRCTC.
- Once the passenger confirms full cancellation of PNR of the train tickets via IRCTC website and the PNR will be marked as cancelled but not refunded in the system. The seat/berth will be released and the applicable refund amount due will be displayed to the passenger on the IRCTC website.